Randai Anggun Barinai Jo Sultan Nogori

Assalamualaikum
Congratulation to both group. You guys done a very good job. Even though we're presenting the same script and a same structure, we really show our own style of performing it. I watched team B performance on 30th of May and I have some few points to share with you.

For the 'Anak Randai' you guys looked so sharp and and together from the intro to the end. But still, I didn't feel that you guys were enjoying yourselves to the max. I felt that you had a big burden in each one of you, performing in front of the big man in the minister. Some of you tried to bring the life of the Randai in you but it still not happening cause from the nervousness. But I was there when you guys rehearsing, and i think you guys improve a lot, compared to the full dress that you did two days before that. But I really respect the way you guys work together. The lines, circle, the silat and every thing. Its so TOGETHER. from that aspect of the performance, you guys ROCK. The additional movement that they able to pull off in less that 24 hours worth watching. We, from team A so glad that we inspired you guys with our style. And I would say that you guys NOT JUST COPYING what ever you saw but you guys add in something that you good for your team and TWO THUMBS UP FOR THAT.

Dynamic of the performance was a bit to 'draggy' to me. It started when the 'Janang' scene. But it not cause by the scene. It just because there were no responds from the audiences. It seems like they stuck and 'NOT ALLOW' to involve in the performance because of the VIP. The audiences were not allow to do that by 'you know who' due to the protocol stuff which the VIP done bother.

One thing that I concerned most about the whole performance of team B was the costume. This issue is not that big but the whole social status that had been lectured before was not 100% practice to the way the players dressed. I'm not the expert of Randai and I need explanation on this.

For Team A on the 31st of May 2009, I can't say much about the performance. What I will share is my feeling through out the show. The performance started with very nice, in control and too much in control. After the intro, we formed a circle, and that was a moment when I saw my fellow 'Anak Randai'. I saw the nervousness through their eyes and I felt the same. That was the last moment that I over think about the performance. Starting from that point, I just went on with the flow and just play the Randai rather performing it.

To me, if I see the play from my perspective, I think team A energy was going on and on from the beginning till the end. We played like done care. As Pak Penn said, 'Bantai je' which semiotic-ly means just play the randai and done care and this will bring the folkie-ness of the play.

Acting wise.... I think everyone pushed themselves to the max. Except for Baisah, everyone who acted in this team come from a different field of performing arts background.

Besides all that, both team done a wonderful job.
For group B from 5 stars I give you 3.

I can't rate my group... you readers leave your rates in the comment column....

P/S : And I don't think, from this performance I learned enough about Randai. Please feel free to share with me any infomation about Randai with me; from the History to the Development, from the Movement Vocabulary to it Structure...HELP ME WITH THIS ONE YAAA....

Comments

Popular Posts