Kapital Mall : teater eksperimen Ke????

Ok..
i watched a performance just now titled Kapital Mall by the 2nd years diploma students of theater faculty...I'm not interested about the content of the play..I'm more concern about the:

1. time management
2. sets
3. acting

but before i share with you guys my opinion, i just wanna say they pulled up a good performance. i give 2 and a half stars over 5. i love the idea, the concept; taking a mall anniversary to picture philosophy of the capitalism..great..the honesty of the TEXT...job well done.

BUT (suspense) 1st and for most, time management..every performance in the Black Box of ASWARA always face this problem of 'starting the show late'. we need to fine a solution to this. if u ask me, if we need more time to prepare, set the call time earlier and everything should be ready by 7.30 IF the show is at 8.30. its only a suggestion....hahahhahaaahah

2ndly the set.....I LOVE THE SET..its so functional and practical...but (ada lagi but) there were lack of exploration that had been done by the actors or the director. what i can suggest is while u playing with the rhythm, what we can do is create at least THREE layers of different patterns. Visually it will look great and MAYBE it will helps to create a dynamic in the performance.

I know i'm not a trained actor or director..but, when i see a performance, 1st and the most important is I NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WERE THE ACTORS SAYING. problem that i see from the play was, they not doing they vocal warm up(maybe just some of u guys), and this cause to the tiny not articulated, not rounded, not clear kinda speech from the actor. and i hate when an actor being over the top and looses a direction...next, the character understanding...i love the tranny play that had been performed it the performance but again..if u a tranverstite PLSSSSSS dont act like a str8 guy wanted to be a Tranny (I dont know the faggot name)...but i need to say this..two thumbs up for Amar..he just being optimistic and the projection was superb..that's what i think...
but overall almost every one on stage for the performance need to work ur ass off and train yourself to be a good actor..which acting not just using ur mouth and body, but also use ur knowledge and soul....we really need that from ASWARA....

beside that, good job well done....

P/S : I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE EXPERIMENT THEATER VERY MUCH....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tq diatas komentar yang diberikan. Anda bijak menilai sstu dari sudut kaca mata empat yang anda ada. Setiap show ada kelemahannya. Dalam teater eksperimen ini proses adalah segala-galanya dan show adalah jatuh di tempat ke dua. Terlalu banyak halangan dari dorongan. Apa pun show dah habis. dah tinggal kenangan. Tq
zubin said…
Interesting, too bad I missed the performance, normally I tak pernah miss work Namron. Ada apa perubahan dari yang dulu2? ada apa2 yang baru ke ditonjolkan. I heard someone said that's not experimental, just because it is using devise method! Frankly I dont know as I did not see the performance. I was hoping to read a review. Anyone?

Thanks Piros, for your comments as fellow senior!